Monday, November 1, 2010

Gary Sinise - The Golden Choice

   George Milton (played by Gary Sinise). A migrant worker who travels from farm to farm with his mentally impaired friend Lennie Small during the Depression. I feel strongly that Sinise was a perfect choice to display the character of George Milton, He's built exactly as I had pictured him, He had the same facial expressions and very uptight persona that I painted in my minds eye. The fact is Gary Sinise seems like a dream chaser to me, Just as George is. The way he carries himself in the movie, as though he is driven by hope of a brighter day, yet hardened by the blazing sun and back breaking work. By virtue of his mental superiority, George assumes a dominant role with Lennie, acting similar to a parent. Because Lennie tends to involve George in difficult predicaments, Sinise portrays a responsible, level-headed man who is  ready to deal with any tragedy that may arise. Sinise was a golden choice for George, with one exception. He could have put on more muscle. George to me was a short yet stocky man who was sturdy as an Ox. I did not gather that feeling from Sinise in the film. I also feel that Sinise captured George's shifty ways of talking about other character's such as Curley's Wife; George in the book does not prefer to talk about other people directly, because he feels that it could be something that is held against him. Sinise has the talent and the grit to be a solid choice for George Milton. Overall I Give Sinise a 9.3 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment